Industrial Hygiene (IH) is the science and art devoted to the anticipation, recognition, evaluation, prevention and control of environmental factors or stresses arising in or from the workplace which may cause sickness, impaired health and well-being or significant discomfort among workers or among citizens of the community. Health and safety hazards cover a wide range of chemical, physical and biological stressors.
EtQ’s Industrial Hygiene (IH) software allows you to perform qualitative assessments utilizing Similar Exposure Group (SEG) methodologies for the categorization of hazard types, job roles, processes, locations, demographics and more. Through quantitative methods, you are able to create sampling plans, track monitoring results (area and personal monitoring), perform calculations (TWA, etc.) and compare to threshold limits (PEL, STEL, etc.) and targets as part of compliance determination needs.
Key Benefits of IH Software Include:
- Ability to utilize risk management techniques to look at health risk ratings and prioritization of control and information gathering
- Customizable data tracking and reporting with links to job roles, processes, risk and hazards
- Similar Exposure Group (SEG) creation
- Linkage and oversight of testing equipment through Assets, Calibration and Maintenance
- Detailed lookup tables and references for OELs, PELs, STELs and more for compliance determinations
- Easy to use calculators and rollups to determine exposures over periods of time (TWA, etc.)
Industrial Hygiene software is just one of the many processes EtQ's Environmental Health and Safety (EHS), Quality and Compliance Software streamlines and simplifies. EtQ's EHS, Quality and Compliance Software lets you take full advantage of the familiarity that most of your users already have with a Web browser by providing an interface with which they are already comfortable and productive. Other modules within the EHS Software suite include: Incidents, Accidents and Safety Reporting, Compliance Obligations, Management of Change, Sustainability, Emissions Inventory and more.