HEXAGON ACQUIRES ETQ
Smart Manufacturing starts with holistic quality data
Hexagon acquires ETQ to meet the Smart Manufacturing promise of building an integrated digital connection to bridge the data gap between product quality control (QC) and in-process quality assurance (QA).
Learn how closing these gaps will boost product quality immediately.
An integrated environment between Hexagon & ETQ: 1+1 =3
Two best-in-class solutions combined to give your organization’s manufacturing process the efficiencies, intelligence, and flexibility to meet the demands of industry 4.0.
CREATE A DATA FOUNDATION FOR DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION AND INDUSTRY 4.0
Improve end-product quality, speed new product introduction, make smart manufacturing a reality
- Drive quality initiatives in manufacturing further upstream in design, engineering and supply chain management processes to initiate a cycle of sustainable continuous improvement
- Reduce waste, scrap, rework, warranty and recall costs
- Speed up new product introduction cycles; respond faster and smarter to market and business changes
- Minimize risk in product releases by automatically preventing product releases if issues are found
- Prevent poor data quality by aligning with existing data in external systems such as product, supplier, customer and partner systems
- Shorten your inventory cycles by automatically releasing products put on hold in your production system when the appropriate investigation and release phases have been completed
- Improve communication and collaboration, not only within the manufacturing/production environment, but across the value chain
- Seamlessly integrate with other enterprise business systems
Hexagon and ETQ in action: A manufacturing use case
Hexagon’s quality control solution can identify a nonconformance from, for example, the Production Part Approval Process, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, or customer feedback, at which point the digital connection between the manufacturing solution and the QMS autonomously generates a nonconformance report(NCR) without human intervention.