EtQ complies with the U.S. - E.U. Safe Harbor framework and the U.S. - Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. EtQ has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement.
To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view EtQ’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
Information Collection & Use
When requesting information online from EtQ, commenting on our blog or completing any registration form or other record on our website, we may collect personal information from you such as your name, company name, e-mail address, mailing address, and phone number.
In the case of your use of EtQ Cloud Services once you have entered into an agreement with EtQ to become an EtQ Cloud Services customer, the information and data you upload to the EtQ Cloud Services will be used solely in connection with providing to you the products and services you have engaged EtQ to provide pursuant to such agreement. However, we may also use or access such personally identifiable or other customer information in connection with preventing or addressing service or technical problems, at a customer’s request in connection with technical support matters, or as may be required by law.
Our website offers publicly accessible blogs. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by other blog users. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
From time to time, we post customer testimonials on our website which may contain personally identifiable information. We will obtain the customer's consent via e-mail prior to posting any testimonial containing a customer’s name or other personally identifiable information.
Social Media (Features) and Widgets
We provide you the opportunity to receive information about EtQ products and services. If you request to receive these communications including Newsletters, they will be sent to the e-mail address provided during sign-up. From time to time, we will send you promotional information about EtQ products and services. If you decide that you no longer wish to receive these communications you can click ‘unsubscribe’ in the footer of any marketing message or send a letter to the postal address listed in the footer to opt-out from all future marketing messages.
We may send you strictly service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an e-mail.
Third Party Service Providers
EtQ also collects information under the direction of its Clients on its Cloud Services Platform. EtQ has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. We collect email address, postal address, phone number, IP address, and/or first and last name from our Clients for the purpose of providing IT Administration, Hosting, and Software as a Service of Compliance Management Systems.
Choice Regarding Information Collected by EtQ for Our Customers
We collect information for our customers. If you are a customer of one of our customers and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our customers that use our service, please contact the customer that you interact with directly. If you are an EtQ customer and would like EtQ to update or delete your account please contact us at email@example.com.
EtQ will retain personal data processed on behalf of our customers for as long as needed to provide services to our customers. EtQ will retain and use this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
How We Protect Your Information
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and encrypted. Our Cloud Services Platform is secured using SSL. The EtQ Cloud Services platform is accessible only by those with special access rights who are authorized to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal and other information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tracking Technologies (Cookies, Beacons, Log Files, etc.)
We use session ID cookies and persistent cookies on our website and on the EtQ Cloud Services platform. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our site. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time.
We set a persistent cookie to store your passwords so you don’t have to enter it more than once. Persistent cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and click-stream data.
We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Personally identifiable information:
We may also disclose your personal information
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request
- if EtQ is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, in which case you will be notified via e-mail and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information,
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so
Third Party Links
Our site includes link to third party websites. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
Access to Personally Identifiable Information
If your personal identifiable information changes, or if you no longer wish EtQ to retain your personal information, you may correct or request its deletion it by e-mailing us at email@example.com or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
If your personally information changes, or if you no longer wish EtQ to retain your personal information, you may correct or request its deletion it by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
We do not knowingly collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are not marketed to or intended for use by children. If a parent or guardian believes we have collected information from their child under 13 years of age, please contact us at email@example.com to request deletion.
Terms and Conditions; Disclaimers
- ETQ DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS WEBSITE WILL MEET ANY USER’S REQUIREMENTS OR THAT ITS USE OR AVAILABILITY WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. THIS WEB SITE AND THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH IT IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR OTHERWISE.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL ETQ, ITS LICENSORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, DISTRIBUTORS, MARKETING PARTNERS, RESELLERS, PARENT, AFFILIATES OR SUBSIDIARIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR FOR LOSS OF DATA, DELAYS, LOSS OF PROFIT, LOSS OF PRIVACY WITH RESPECT TO PERSONAL INFORMATION, INTERRUPTION OF SERVICE OR LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATORY PROFITS, BASED ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHERWISE, WHETHER RELATING TO THIS WEBSITE, THE ETQ CLOUD SERVICES OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ETQ HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. – In the event you provide EtQ with any suggestions, enhancement requests, recommendations, product or services ideas for improvements, features or any other feedback, EtQ shall have a royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual license to use and incorporate any and all of the foregoing into its software, services, the EtQ Cloud Services and/or any other products and services without remuneration, attribution or liability to you.
If you have any questions or complaints regarding this policy or our privacy practices, contact us at EtQ, Inc., 399 Conklin Street, Suite 208, Farmingdale, NY, 11735 or firstname.lastname@example.org.